In response to the restrictions regarding the spread of coronavirus Tibbs Dementia Foundation radically transformed it’s support and service provision. Our usual schedule of services, groups and activities were transformed and as restrictions start to ease we are planning to deliver our new service provision as outlined below.
- Phone call contact from staff team A regular contact call, a chance for a quick chat and to share worries and concerns you might have.
- Online group activities We’ll continue to use zoom to run many of our activities and services alongside face to face equivalents.
- Face to face activities. As restrictions lift we will be increasing our face to face services. Starting with outdoor activities such as walking groups and the allotment we’ll be gradually building our indoor groups again over the coming months to develop our new hybrid model of services and activities delivered both through zoom and face to face.
- Our weekly newsletters offering relevant and useful information as well as an opportunity to share poems, quizzes, jokes. Something we can all contribute to and share our ideas with each other (it’s easy to sign up for this just call the office or follow the link on the website)
- Doorstep visits and creative art packs for those unable to access our zoom or physical groups an opportunity for a short doorstep chat and a bundle of creative activities to keep you cognitively stimulated.
- You will always be able to contact us should you need information, a bit of emotional support or just a friendly chat. You can email us in the usual ways, or call the office from 9.30am- 3.30pm Monday to Friday. If we aren’t available leave a message and your number and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can..