In response to the restrictions regarding the spread of coronavirus Tibbs Dementia Foundation has radically transformed it’s support and service provision. Our usual schedule of services, groups and activities have been transformed and we are now delivering our new service provision as outlined below.
- Phone call contact from staff team A regular contact call, a chance for a quick chat and to share worries and concerns you might have.
- Online group activities We’re using zoom to run a wide variety of regular services including Music 4 Memory sessions, poetry and exercise sessions as well as CST and other discussion and social groups.
- Socially distanced walking groups. Weekly walking groups in small organised groups enabling people with dementia and a family carer to meet others and enjoy a relaxing walk together in a local park.
- Doorstep delivery of creative art packs. Regular delivery of creative and cognitively stimulating activities. A chance for a doorstep chat with people who struggle to access other services or support and a great way to keep in touch and stay connected and curious.
- Allotment. Our community allotment continues to thrive with support from our dedicated volunteers. Seasonal produce is delivered to the front doors of those interested when available.
- Increased use of social media our facebook page and YouTube channel
- An additional mid-week newsletter more of a ‘magazine’ edition with poems, quizzes, jokes, thoughts, something we can all contribute to and share our ideas with each other (it’s easy to sign up for this just call the office or follow the link on the website)
- You will always be able to contact us through the office should you need information, a bit of emotional support or just a friendly chat. You can email us in the usual ways or call the office from 9.30am- 3.30pm Monday to Friday, leave a message and your number and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- There is plenty we can and will still do to support you, your families and each other. Let’s share ideas and skills.